- Shipping & Returns
- Why Buy From Us
Durable Aluminum Body Hard Shell Roof Top Tent
If you're looking for a 3-season mid-level rooftop tent that is both reliable and durable the Mamba 3 Aluminum Clamshell Roof Top Tent is a good choice. This 2-3 person tent is made from high-quality aluminum, which makes it strong and lightweight. It can be easily installed on any vehicle with a roof rack. The Mamba is waterproof and comes with a rainfly to keep you dry in extreme weather conditions. So, whether you're looking for a tent to take on your next camping trip or you need a reliable shelter for your next off-road adventure, the Mamba Aluminum Roof Top Tent is a great option.
Excellent Functionality And Load Space
The Mamba is amongst the best-in-class of Aluminum-Bodied Hard Shell Roof Top Tents and has many standard features included out of the box. The Mamba has a "Set Up" and "Store Away" time of less than a minute. To open it up just unlock two latches, pull down your ladder, and insert 2 window rods. To store away after use, you just reverse the process, and off you go to the next destination.
The Mamba comes standard with an anti-condensation mat under the thick 2” mattress, an insulated honeycomb base, and enough interior space to store bedding or sleeping bags when closed.
The Aluminum Body comes standard with T-slot accessory channels to help mount recovery gear and many other smaller lightweight accessories. Included are also two standard cross bars, which are fully compatible with Thule and Yakima accessories, to help carry extra gear for your adventure. The cross bars are not expandable, but they can be removed if need be. The included adjustable interior pop-up strut provides additional support for when weight has been added to the cross bars.
The Mamba has a clean, rugged, durable, sleek, and aerodynamic design compared to traditional Roof Top Tents, and will only have little impact on your gas mileage on your adventures.
Don't miss out on the opportunity to upgrade your adventures to the next level. Order your Mamba Clamshell Roof Top Tent today and go explore new places like never before!
The Mamba Clamshell Roof Top Tent is a universal Item, which requires no drilling or modification to your vehicle if equipped with a factory or aftermarket roof rack or cross bars. With the help of a friend, lift it on your roof rack or cross bars and follow the detailed instructions provided using the stainless steel mounting hardware included. Please ALWAYS check roof rack compatibility before installing the tent as some racks are listed as "not compatible" with certain tent models.
Please note that it’s very important to check your owner's manual, or to contact your vehicle's manufacturer, to get information on vehicle load capacities and warranty information before installing the roof top tent. Here are a few questions to ask:
- What’s the vehicle’s Static Weight Capacity? This confirms that your vehicle and your rack will support the weight of your tent, plus everyone in it and their sleeping gear.
- What’s the vehicle’s Dynamic Weight Capacity? This is the force exerted on your car and rack while you're driving, so it will be a separate spec for your vehicle and rack.
If you need help or have a question, just call us at 1(888) 982 9050 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Season Rating: 4 Season
- Hard Shell Material: Aircraft Grade Aluminum
- Tent Fabric: Premium PU Coated 600D/280g Ripstop Polyester Canvas, Waterproof (water column 3.000 mm)
Window Screens: 120G Environmental Fadeless Breathable Gaze
- Mattress: 2” High-Density Foam
- Anti Condensation Mat: Yes and it is ¾” Thick
- Base: 1” Aluminum Honeycomb Insulated
- Inside Storage: Oversized Storage Loft
- Base Storage: 2 Built-in Storage Bags
- Closed Dimensions: 91”(L) x 55.5”(W) x 8”(H)
- Open Dimensions: 91”(L) x 55.5”(W) x 65”(H)
- Sleeping Dimensions: 86”(L) x 50”(W)
- Sleeping Capacity: 2 Adults or 1 Adult + 2 Children
- Weight: 250 Lbs
- Mounting Hardware Included: Yes
- Cross Bars Included: Yes
- Struts: 2 x Nitrogen Gas Charged Struts, 35.5” x 1” 400N, plus 1 x Telescoping Interior Strut
- Pull Down Strap: Ballistic Nylon
- Handles: Aircraft Grade Aluminum
- Seals: Military Specked Waterproof Grade
- Set Up Time: Less than a minute
- Store Away Time: Less than a minute
- Storage: Enough interior space to store bedding or sleeping bags when closed
Warranty: 4-Year Limited Warranty
FAST & FREE SHIPING to the lower 48 states
We don't mess around with fine print and extra charges. Instead, we like things to be simple and easy for you.
Read more about the terms and conditions that apply in our Shipping Policy
30-Day Easy Returns
As experienced Overlanders, we fully understand that things do not always go according to plan.
That is why we offer you our "No Questions Asked" 30-Day Return Policy, so you can get back on the road for more adventures in a heartbeat.
Read more about the terms and conditions that apply in our Easy Returns Policy
We get it. You've got a lot of choices when it comes to online retailers, so why should you even bother spending your hard-earned bucks shopping with us?
Here are four short reasons why Open Road Overland is not like the rest of the bunch and why we believe that your shopping experience with us is not only 100% safe, but will also exceed your expectations, so you come back for more and maybe even bring your friends.
REASON #1: 100% SAFE & SECURE ONLINE SHOPPING
We use encrypted SSL security and are Level 1 PCI DSS compliant to ensure that your credit card information and every transaction on our website are 100% protected.
REASON #2: DRIVING THE WORLD SINCE 1998
We started overlanding in 1998, way before overlanding was even a term. Since then we have spent the last 25 years zig-zagging the planet trail testing the types of equipment you find in our store. In other words, we learned the hard way what works and what doesn’t, through hands-on experience during our own adventures on 6 continents (yes, we still haven’t made it to Antarctica). To ensure that we add value to your adventure with the products you shop with us, our policy is that nothing goes on our website before it has been thoroughly reviewed. This means that you will not find anything in our store that we would not bring along our use on our own overland adventures.
REASON #3: WE HAVE DRIVEN ALMOST EVERYTHING
Secondly, we have been driving almost any type of vehicle you can think of over the years. This means that we have acquired a strong skill set to answer any question you have concerning your own vehicle setup, no matter whether you drive a standard passenger car, a pickup truck, or a fully rigged 4x4 overlanding vehicle.
REASON #4: WE WANT EVERYBODY TO GO OVERLANDING
Thirdly, we strongly believe and promote that overlanding should be accessible to everybody, no matter what you drive, or what level of experience you have. That means that we can guide you as a novice overlander just starting out, as well as giving advice to you as an ultra pro with years of bushwhacking behind the wheel. That’s why you will also see both entry-level products, as well as top-of-the-line gear on our site, so we can cater to everybody looking to elevate their own overland adventures. No matter what, you can rest assured that the products you find in our store are here because they do the job they were made to do.
WHAT ELSE DO I GET?
Apart from the above we of course also provide you with:
- Free Shipping to the lower 48 states, with no extra charges. Ever!
- Price Match Guarantee. Best prices online, guaranteed.
- 30-Day Easy Returns. Not happy with your product, we'll take it back no questions asked, and without charging you ANY restocking fee. Ever!
- Great Service. We pride ourselves on the best service, anywhere.
- Your Satisfaction Guaranteed. We handpick our products for quality to make sure you will love using them on your own adventures. But if there is ever something wrong, we'll fix it.