Shipping is FREE on all orders to customers within the lower 48 states of the United States.
We don't mess around with fine print and extra charges. Instead, we like things to be simple and easy for you.
All orders are subject to stock availability.
As soon as you place your order you will receive an order confirmation email. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase.
As soon as we receive your order we automatically check to confirm that your order is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via email to see if alternate arrangements can be made.
If your order is in stock we process the charges to your credit card and the item will ship within 1-3 business days from the date of your order.
We will email you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse using the email address you provided when checking out. Your item will be delivered to you in 3-7 business days after it has been shipped from our warehouse depending on the product type and mode of transport.
The date of delivery may vary due to carrier shipping practices, delivery location, transshipment, method of delivery, and the items ordered. Products may also be delivered in separate shipments.
If you do not receive tracking information from us within four (4) business days of your order feel free to follow up with us at email@example.com
Most orders will be shipped by FedEx or UPS. Small items may be delivered by the US Postal Service or by the US Postal Service via FedEx Smartpost or UPS Surepost.
Larger items may be delivered via FedEx Ground, FedEx Home Delivery, UPS Ground, or Truck Freight.
LTL FREIGHT ITEMS
Some of the items we sell, such as Roof Top Tents and Racks, exceed the size limits for standard ground shipping and must be sent by truck or freight delivery. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for delivery once the item has been shipped. A carrier representative will call you to schedule a convenient time to deliver your item. Someone over the age of 18 may be required to be present to sign for the delivery and ID will be required for verification purposes.
Please be aware that your order will be delivered on a tractor-trailer type vehicle and reasonable access needs to be available for the driver to safely maneuver his vehicle. The driver is only required to deliver your order to the curb. Inside Delivery is not available for your order.
If a lift gate truck is not available, or if the item is too large to fit on the lift gate, it may be required that you, or someone you arrange, assist the delivery driver in safely unloading your order. Please note that large items, such as Roof Top Tents, can weigh more than 300 lbs, including the pallet, optional extras, accessories, etc., which will require that you arrange assistance from several persons to unload the item safely from the truck.
If access or assistance is an issue, you may request to pick up your order at the Freight Companies Loading Dock at no additional charge.
You may be required to be present at the time of delivery depending on the product type, size, and mode of transport.
**PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY**
ALL SHIPMENTS MUST BE INSPECTED AT THE TIME OF DELIVERY AND BEFORE SIGNING FOR THEM.
1. MAJOR PACKAGING DAMAGE:
IF MAJOR DAMAGE IS EVIDENT that you believe may have affected your item please REFUSE the shipment and DO NOT SIGN the Delivery Receipt and/or Freight Bill. Please follow these instructions:
- TAKE DIGITAL PHOTOS OF THE DAMAGES FROM ALL POSSIBLE ANGLES, AS WELL AS A DIGITAL PHOTO OF THE DELIVERY RECEIPT AND/OR FREIGHT BILL, OR OBTAIN A COPY IF POSSIBLE FOR DOCUMENTATION.
- CALL US IMMEDIATELY at 1(888) 982 9050 and email the photos with a description of the incident, as well as a copy of the Delivery Receipt and/or Freight Bill to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can complete the claim and process a replacement order.
2. MINOR PACKAGING DAMAGE:
IF MINOR DAMAGE IS EVIDENT and you believe your order has not been affected you can still accept the shipment by following these instructions:
- Make sure, and insist, that the delivery driver makes a note on the Delivery Receipt or Freight Bill with the exact nature of the damage, as well as writes “SUBJECT TO CONCEALED DAMAGE” on the document(s).
- TAKE DIGITAL PHOTOS OF THE DAMAGES FROM ALL POSSIBLE ANGLES AND KEEP A COPY AND/OR TAKE A DIGITAL PHOTO OF THE DELIVERY RECEIPT AND/OR FREIGHT BILL FOR DOCUMENTATION.
3. CONCEALED DAMAGE:
Immediately after receiving your order please open and inspect your item for any signs of “Concealed Damage”. If you encounter any damage please follow these instructions:
- Contact the Carrier IMMEDIATELY to report it. The contact number for the Carrier can be found on the Delivery Receipt and/or Freight Bill.
- RETAIN YOUR COPY OF THE DELIVERY RECEIPT AND/OR FREIGHT BILL AND KEEP ALL THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING MATERIAL.
- TAKE DIGITAL PHOTOS FROM ALL POSSIBLE ANGLES OF THE DAMAGE FOR DOCUMENTATION.
- When you have notified the carrier, please contact Open Road Overland at email@example.com WITHIN 24 HOURS OF DELIVERY. Please attach photos with a description of the incident, as well as a copy of the Delivery Receipt and/or Freight Bill to the email so we can complete the claim and process a replacement order.
Do not use or install the item(s) and remember to keep all the original packaging if the item(s) need to be returned. All returns must be authorized by our customer service department BEFORE being returned to us. Want to know about our Returns Policy? Read more here.
- If you sign for and accept a damaged delivery without the delivery driver making a clear note of the damages on the Delivery Receipt and/or freight bill and you fail to provide photographic evidence of the damage taken at the time of delivery, Open Road Overland cannot be held liable for any replacement costs, freight loss, damages, missing pieces, etc. that may have incurred as a result of this decision, as this action will legally confirm that you have received your delivered freight in good condition.
- Authorizing the freight company to deliver the freight without your signature or leaving a note or instructions for the driver to deliver the freight without your signature is considered as to have signed for and accepted the delivery in good condition and Open Road Overland cannot be held liable for any replacement costs, damages, missing pieces, theft, etc. that may have incurred as a result of this decision.
- Some ground transport courier services like USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc. occasionally deliver items without the driver calling in advance or ringing the doorbell, thus not allowing you to inspect the items or sign the delivery receipt and/or freight bill.
If that occurs, we kindly ask you to take photos of the box(es) from all possible angles to document if they have any damage. If they do, please follow as many steps as possible in the corresponding "Damages" section of this shipping policy so we can complete the claim with the freight forwarding company.
If you have any questions please contact Open Road Overland immediately by calling 1(888) 982 9050.
Open Road Overland will pay for shipping items that are confirmed defective or damaged, and for incorrectly delivered items to ensure you get the product(s) you ordered, undamaged, as soon as possible.
Items that become damaged after use are non-refundable unless specified under warranty.
Please be aware that our products are made specifically for the United States market. This means that they require a 110V electrical system to function correctly.
Our products have generally not been certified for use with other countries' electrical safety standards but all of our products are certified to the United States standards.
We will happily ship our fantastic products to international customers. However, due to the extremely wide variety of product dimensions, we will provide an up-to-date shipping price quote for you upon request. If you are happy with our shipping quote we will prepare an order and payment through our ultra-secure online payment gateway.
For international order inquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org